Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In order to blog....

certainly a functioning computer is a necessity. For the past few weeks mine has given me fits. It all started when, for some reason, I could not download an IE8 update. Things land slided from bad to awful in just a few hours of me screwing around with, what I imagined were , my options.

Done in and without any adventure left it was time to contact my techie. He, who I will call Rami, is an extremely tall and lanky man who makes one think of Dali's Don Quixote. His business card touts him as an
'ingeniero' (engineer) of computers and that was a lot more than I could claim so I opted in. Since moving to this part of Mexico and carrying with me a computer Rami has been to me, what a quadruple bypass is to bad heart, nothing short of a life saver. Without his annoying calmness and patience I might have smashed this modern convenience into a million plastic pieces.

Anyway, after completely revamping my machine and all of its programs, files, folders and other inner stuff Rami was able to put me on the road again. In the process was lost some four years of writing.

I was so shocked that from today's date back to 2007 my precious words, thoughts, ideas and general bullshit were no more I decided I will get back on the Internet and send out as much of my stuff as I can so, at least, a portion of it may last longer than if I try to save it on my computer. I and my computer have proven ourselves to be unreliable.

I will try to recapture some of the same format I was using back then. I will not be able to resist more rants regarding American politics, government inanities and how old white guys cannot understand the Mexican culture no matter how submerged in it we are.

As a footnote, I have to say how sorry I am over the events in Tucson Az.. How much longer will it be before Americans are decapitating each other and rolling the heads of their opponents across barroom floors to frighten others out of their opinions? Maybe Mexico and the United States are not as far apart mentally as we used to think.