Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"The threat is that Iran might...

sell its technology to the highest bidder."

This is the latest reason the Administration is touting for going after Iran. It's not the oil, stupid it's the technology.

There's something wrong with this logic. If Iran has the technology but not the capacity to produce a nuclear weapon to whom would it sell its technology? Who would have the capacity to produce a bomb if, as yet, they had no technology?

Doesn't technology have to precede capacity?

Any country who has the capability to make a nuclear bomb already has the technology. Any country that is still shopping for technology obviously can't have any better shot at production than Iran has.

If I were in the market for nuclear technology I believe I'd talk with Russia, China or, maybe even, France (gasp). You know, buy from someone who actually has the product.

To me, using the argument that we must stop Iran from selling its technology to some crazed barbarian is more of this Administration's double talk. Keeping us on red alert right up to the mid-terms.

Oh, by the way, whether its WMD's, axis of evil or nuclear technology it's still about the oil.


QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they kill, there would be no more wars." - Abbie Hoffman



MEXICO (as I see it):



THE STREET FOODS OF MEXICO
or
What's that they're eating?

We left off here:


32. Zorro: In the region around Tabasco this word is used to describe another variety of sugar cane liquor. I've never been to Tabasco but if I ever get there I've got 'Zorro' on my list.


SORRY!!

I'm having trouble connecting to Blogger plus I've been trying for three hours to re-new my subscription for Norton anti-virus and somethings gone hay-wire.

Just too many crazy things for an old boy. I'll continue the 'Food'
list tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home