Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Be still my beating heart....

Rove bowing out, Rummy quiting, Santorum, you remember sanctimonious Santorum swept aside, Burns, Allen, gone, all gone.

All, rubber stamp, war mongering, Bushies, poof. Will there be others taking hemlock? Dare we hope? I suppose it's too much to expect that Cheney might join the lemmings going over the cliff.

It makes one giddy. Why do I feel like Jack Armstrong, All American Boy has returned? Rosie the Riveter, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Marshal Dillon, all back in the American picture.

Can we return to the tenets envisioned in that "Just a goddamn piece of paper", as the President views it, known to the rest of us as the U.S. Constitution?

Can we ratchet down the runaway Patriot Act. How about turning our backs on this bullshit 'torture' scheme the President and his staff are so fond of. Can't we simply say: Americans don't do torture? We have gotten to the truth of many grave issues not having to resort to torture why must we begin now?

Phone tapping citizens, imprisoning and not charging people, allowing the President to obey only the laws he agrees with and the whole 'don't talk back' epidemic is not the American way.

Yes, yes I know I am indulging in a moment of euphoria. My bubble will burst. The gray dawn of tomorrow and its even grayer events of the day will sober me up.

But, for now, this sweet respite from the grim is most enjoyable. I feel like an American again and it feels great!


QUOTE OF THE DAY:

People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution. They don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible. -- J .R. (?)


MEXICO (as I see it)

We have two presidents in Mexico. One elected and one affected. Is that democracy in action or what? The one you got to choose the other there was no choice.

Mexico has managed to shoot itself in the foot almost every time it tries to get cute. The outcome I can see for this debacle is it will probably shoot itself in both feet.

It would appear what Mexican political candidates have to learn is that they must work harder to win before the election not after.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Daddy, isn't it lovely? Now if they could finish the close counts before Christmas maybe we'll have the senate too. This could be fucking glorious.

I love you
I'm going to call soon.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Toastedsuzy said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent all my giddiness down in the last posts comments.

Rumsfeld's resignation ... I almost fainted!

TS

1:02 PM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

My repub boss caught me doing the happy dance over the Senate yesterday. I may have screwed that one up.

I am just glad to see some balance restored instead of this ass-kicking juggernaut.

6:17 AM  
Blogger alex said...

As he pushed out from shore and set his sail to the small breeze that blew down from the north, an http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=230v+weidezaungera absolute contentment possessed him.. Miss Lydia called her http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=Wintermantel father to a consultation...

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home