Sunday, September 03, 2006

Perhaps no one noticed...

but I have been absent for some time. I have lots of excuses... working hard, social obligations etc.. I know you nice people would accept any one of them with a knowing nod and a "I've been there friend".

Really, I have just hit a dry spell. Nothing more to it than that. I have gotten tired of listening to myself. Everyone else's blogs seem vibrant and interesting and mine sound trite and crabby. Probably has something to do how many years one has endured but, still, I could be more positive if I gave a damn. But, I don't.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

A budget takes the fun out of money. - Mason Cooley


MEXICO (as I see it):


I suppose you've been keeping up with the news from here. What a bunch of assholes. Mexicans talk highly of democracy but they really don't trust the idea. Having to accept the tenet that the majority rules is just not palatable to them. They are more comfortable with an authoritarian type rule. They need a king, an infallible know it all. I guess if choices are taken out of the equation the people are better able to cling to the victim role, which relieves them from taking responsibility for their own lives.

What started out as a teachers strike, in Oaxaca, noble on its surface, has turned into a free-for-all, including every radical agenda one can think up. They've all but destroyed the city. Smeared graffiti over everything, countless meaningless slogans crying for 'justice'. If 'Justice' were ever to visit this country the people would have to hide in shame.

In Mexico City Obrador has proclaimed he will govern from the streets. He is, in my opinion, a hot-air populists who panders to the poor during his candidacy; 'chicken in every pot' bullshit, but, after the election, will leave them to fend for themselves as they always have.

The chaos in Mexico has taken my mind off the chaos in our own government. For awhile, at least. For which I'm grateful.

By the by, happy Labor Day. Here it's just another 'Lunes'.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

About fucking time daddy. I missed you and no you're not trite. Crabby, sometimes yes. but this is part of your charm. Your writing is very vibrant, interesting and funny as well sometimes. Stop beating yourself up, I don't like it. go visit everybody so they know you're back and they will come and read your post.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Toastedsuzy said...

I missed you too, cranky pants.

Yeah, come visit me! Do you know we started our blogs at almost the sames times? I said that somewhere in one of my comments.

We are, like, blog twins, which means that if you stop blogging, I will sense that you've stopped and my blog will die of a broken heart. Do you want that on your conscience?!

TS

3:45 PM  
Blogger Janet Evening said...

I assumed that you were rock climbing.

6:13 PM  
Blogger noncommon said...

oh i so noticed you were gone. sitting here wondering where the hell you were.
glad you're back!!!!!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home