Monday, May 22, 2006

Tagged, meme, WTF !?

Surely you all can tell I'm too old to play tag. And, meme? I looked it up and still don't know what it means! But, I can't have the word spread across cyberspace that I'm a crotchety old fart.

Sooo.., it's about deserted islands is it? If only.

3 books, hmmm, my first choice would have to be a really big dictionary, great for passing the time and stunning the other three people on the island with my vocabulary. Maybe an encyclopedia to settle any arguments that may come up. And, an Atlas so we can find out where the hell we are.

Movies. I'm with gandhi rules on this, as a movie watcher I've probably seen thousands over the years, to pick three would just be a crap shoot. Besides, I'm not one who likes to see the same movies over and over again. But, keeping the line about not being a crotchety old fart I suppose I must choose. Papillion is one I've watched more than once and enjoyed it. Also liked a Robert Duval movie titled, Convicts. Slingblade would be another and Jack Nicholson in Goin' South. Yes I've chosen four. What if I don't take any albums?

Everybody has to choose 3 of everything, yeah, yeah. Sheesh.

Mozart is a shoo-in. Any instrumental jazz, with saxophone, piano and guitar. Maybe one old country and western wailer for when I'm drinking and feeling left out. There will be booze on this island won't there? If not, I'm not going.

Three people. Why? Never mind. I've known a bunch of people over the years. It would be easier to say who I would not wish to be stranded with. But, that's not the game is it?

Had a boyhood friend, David G., with whom I have laughed harder and longer than with all the other people I have ever met, put together. Haven't seen nor heard of him for decades but I'm betting he's still a witty guy.

I should choose a woman I suppose. Scary business.

Probably be best if I chose a stranger, that way she'd last a while before she caught on to me. I've met soul mates by catching their eye in a restaurant or while waiting at a traffic light. Locked in this brief encounter we both knew it was the real deal. No meetings, no names not even a handshake, but, in that instant, we both knew. I'll take one of them.

Perhaps I would choose my father if only I had known him better. He died as we were getting to know each other. Oh well, this is a fantasy island, isn't it? And deserted as well. There will be plenty of time for us to get acquainted, so, I'll choose my father.

6 Comments:

Blogger noncommon said...

i loved your insight on the soul mates. i love those little magic moments in time. when the energy is right and you know better than to spoil it with reality. i wonder if those people still look back on those moments with the same affection? regardless, it's a treasure.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Janet Evening said...

I always describe myself that way just to tilt the frame people put around the first impression...

7:07 PM  
Blogger Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Dad I loved your people choices. It made me a little sad when you picked your dad. Books, movies, loved your choices again. As for the music, the jazz would drive me to the other side of the island. And yes, there will always be booze.

9:55 PM  
Blogger bbuckman said...

"...you know better than to spoil it with reality."

That's exactly it, cameo!

11:24 AM  
Blogger bbuckman said...

I don't care which side of the island you go to I will find you gandhi rules.

11:26 AM  
Blogger SUEB0B said...

Wow. What a magic blog comment collection. Some of my favorite people, all in the same place.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home