Monday, May 15, 2006

Well, I have to ...

tell you I'm so discouraged about how my blog is presenting itself that I'm going to discontinue my serial story until I can fix whatever it is that is going wrong. One has to practically put a kink in ones' neck just read all those fragmented sentences. It's not worth it.

Anyway, hot and muggy again. We are at almost 6,000 ft. of elevation and, yet, it gets hot as hell with high humidity. Go figure. The rains are coming. Every year we say that about now, knowing full well the rains are not coming until another sweltering month drags by.

Mixed up some cement this morning to do a little stone masonry in the garden. I don't know what makes me get involved in deals like that. About 6 A.M. I feel young and strong, around 11 A.M. I begin to question my judgement and by 1P.M. I'm looking for a shot and a beer.

MEXICO ( as I see it.):


The way to tell a real Mexican's car is not, necessarily, by
the rosary on the rear view mirror, they're are millions of other
kinds of Catholics but, whether there's a roll of toilet paper on
the dashboard.

AND:


After spotting a Telmex employee working in the street I
stopped to ask a question about a telephone problem I was having.
He was a nice lad and was able to help explain things to me.
When we finished he asked me why the United States canceled
his, and his wife's, visas. To him, it was a fair exchange of
information, after all he had answered me. He was disappointed
when I told him I didn't know. I think he felt that Americans
ought to know this shit.

MY QUOTE OF THE DAY:

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. - Christopher Morley


And here is where I would continue my serial story Oxygenated Water, but I cannot format it so it looks half-way normal. Once I get it fixed I'll continue the story if I can remember where I was.

Gaak! It doing it again! Everything below Mexico is not laid out as it was before I clicked Publish Post. Help, I'm drowning!