Friday, May 12, 2006

Timidly I creep....

from under my rock into the bright lights of blogging. Have no idea why I'm here or, exactly, how I got here. I kept clicking 'continue' options and here I am.

I'm hoping this is the place where one can rant (or whine) without being called foul names. The Yahoo message boards are killing me.

I think I'll post a daily quote on my blog. I had a high school teacher who did that for every class. I don't remember what subject he taught but I do remember many of the quotations. I prefer the more sardonic quotes no pollyannaish pap for me.

I've also thought about starting a serial story. You know like the ones they used to show at the movies before the feature. Perhaps that was before many of you were born but I think you'll like it anyway.

I will post my observations on Mexico where I have lived long years. Promise you won't take them too seriously, like rushing out to make an investment in LA Bolsa.

Is there a time limit or a word limit for a blog? Can one ramble indefinately? There's more but if I spend it all on the first day what will become of tomorrow?

My quote of the day: There is no moral precept that does not have something inconvenient about it. - Denis Diderot

2 Comments:

Blogger Bamboo Lemur Boys Are Mean To Their Girls said...

Bravo Daddy! Welcome to blogdom! This is going to be good. I wish you much creativity and many responses.

5:02 AM  
Blogger MrsFortune said...

Hi - Robin has a link to you on her site and I found you that way. Welcome to blogging. Warning: it's addictive. Have fun- quotes are good!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home